Five Fun Facts About Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Chica Bella was written after I vacationed in Cabo last year.
Cabo is a place of amazing beauty and offers many things to do from jet skiing to shopping, a great nightlife and lazy, bright beautiful days.
Here are five fun facts about Cabo:
1. Ahoy, Matey! The area used to be visited by pirates. In fact, there is a story of a Spanish ship full of treasure being sunk in the area.
2. “El Arco” refers to the famous arch rock formation that juts out of the ocean where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. It is truly a beautiful sight.
3. Van Halen’s Sammy Hagar owns the Cabo Wabo Cantina, which has its line of Cabo Wabo Tequila. I never got the chance to go while there, but if I ever get to return to Cabo, visiting Cabo Wabo is on my “to do” list.
4. Every few years you can walk under the Arch. Most of the time you can’t because of the tides, and it’s hard to predict when the tide will be low enough to walk under the Arch.
5. Cabo has approximately 180,000 residents, and many of them are Americans and Canadians. With the gorgeous beaches, the bluest sky and ocean I’ve ever seen and the magnificent views, I can understand why people want to live there!
“Where were you?” she finally asked, her voice quiet.
He didn’t look at her, but he felt her body tense next to his. “Were you hurt?”
He shrugged, but then thought better of trying to blow off her questions. Maya had always said she wanted nothing but honesty from him, and he had been the one to offer this Q&A.
“I took some shrapnel in my chest, but it was all superficial.” He gazed down at her as she studied his chest as if she could see the wounds he was talking about.
“Did you kill?” she whispered, her stare never leaving his chest.
Dammit. This was the part he hated because she abhorred violence, but killing was his job. If he didn’t take out the bad guys, they would kill American soldiers, and he would be damned if that happened on his watch. “Yes.”
She closed her eyes for a moment.
“Did you think of me?”
“Oh, God, Maya.” He put his finger under her chin and turned her face to his. Her brown eyes sparkled with tears that made his heart feel as though it might quit beating. “Maya, it’s always you. It’s thinking of you that made me want to stay alive. It’s the thought of your smile, your face, your body pressed up against mine that kept me warm at night, the sound of your laughter that made me smile when I felt like I couldn’t smile again. Maya….”
He didn’t know what else to say, so he did what he had wanted to do since the day he left her almost a year ago. He brought his lips to hers.
Landon “Blackhawk” Walker is ready to get out of the Navy SEALs. He has seen and done enough, and can’t wait to get to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico where three tasks await him: get back into civilian mode, take a boat out to the El Arco Rocks, and win back the heart of the woman he lost because of his career.
Maya Gonzalez has tired of the heartbreak that comes with Landon’s deployments year after year. When he walks back into her life, she cannot deny her heart, despite her reservations.
As they lose themselves in each other and the beauty of Cabo, their passion is rekindled once again, but Maya knows that one phone call means deployment for Landon, putting an end to their reunion, and possibly their relationship.
Click the link below to enter to win your choice of one eBook from Decadent Publishing.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Author Bio & Links
Carly Fall is a wife, a mother and a slave to Nicky the dog.
She loves to laugh, and thinks chocolate and wine should be considered their own food group. She also wishes Christmas happened twice a year.
When she isn’t spending time with her family or reading a good book, she can be found writing fantasy and contemporary romance.
This is a tour! Click the picture below to view the details.