Guest Post – Tate Connors
There are certain things about me that no one knows. Things about me that are embarrassing, ridiculous and downright insane but here I am about to tell you 20 random Tate Connors facts. You may remember when I first met Sav we had our first date at Santa Monica Pier…. The day that wasn’t a date in Sav’s eyes but come on EVERYONE knew it was a date. I don’t go on a fucking Ferris Wheel for just anyone. Any way on the way home she asked me to play 20 questions and of course I agreed, it was my subtle way of finding out all about Savannah and learning about her likes, dislikes and secrets. I know it was sneaky but as I listened to that cute Australian accent tell me about herself I fell hard and fast. Before I knew it I was telling her all about me, I never told anyone about me. I should have realised then and there that this girl was going to be in my life forever.
Thank god she asked me to play 20 questions.
- I am named after my Grandmother and Grandfather – Tatianna and Andrew Connors
- My favourite show as a child was The Simpsons and to this day I still watch it every day
- Growing up I wanted to be a life guard because I wanted to spend my days at the beach. Baywatch was a major influence on my life.
- I bleached my hair when I was 15 because apparently that’s what the cool kids did
- My first kiss was when I was ten years old to a girl called Lizzy Quinley.
- My mother taught me how to cook but she won’t share her Red Velvet recipe with me as she thinks keeping it a secret will keep me coming to visit
- Every Christmas morning Tanzi and I go to Moms and we still wait for her to wake us up
- My ultimate travel destination is Australia
- And no it’s not just because of Savannah, I want to see a kangaroo in the wild
- My favourite movie of all time is The Wedding Singer
- I once had a high profile actor come into Red Velvet, spend $2000 on alcohol and then get naked and dance on the bar…. I can’t disclose who it is due to confidentiality.
- I don’t have twitter and I’ve only just joined Facebook.
- I once got threatened with suspension at high school because I was caught making out with a girl in the supply cupboard
- My alcoholic drink of choice is scotch but I am partial to a Long Island Iced Tea now.
- I can braid hair; it’s possibly my best hidden talent.
- Tanzi broke my nose when we were 17, I had a black eye for a week
- I always sleep on the right side of the bed and always nude.
- I am allergic to cats
- When I am sick I am the worst patient ever, I moan, I groan, I complain and I am really snuggly.
- My big dream for the future is to live in a house by the beach, have a dog called Sammy, be able to surf when I want and have the love of my life with me.
I refused to take one step away from my spot on the sidewalk because moving would mean that she wasn’t coming back. My mind was racing at a million miles an hour, trying so desperately to process everything that had happened over the past couple of weeks. I would never deny that I was a selfish prick, and I wasn’t afraid to admit that I needed her here with me in Los Angeles, not thousands of miles away in New York City. My dependence on her scared me. Our lives had changed forever when she spoke those three words: I am pregnant. ‘Tate Connors’ and ‘father’ were words I never could have ever fathomed being spoken together. Fatherhood was not something I had ever wanted until Sav said those three words to me.
A relationship, falling in love, and a baby were not what I had in mind when Tanzi had told me about her new Aussie friend. This stranger wasn’t meant to be this person. She wasn’t meant to be the person who allowed me to love again, and she certainly wasn’t meant to be the person who made me crave something so strongly. She was meant to be a simple fuck, my own personal conquest that would end in one night of incredibly crazy sex with that hot body being on top of me, under me and around me. But the universe clearly had other ideas. One night hadn’t been enough for me—it would never be enough. She was the perfect drug to me. She gave me the hit I needed and kept me craving for more. She would forever be the person who threw me on my ass and made me take the shaky steps to become whole again— slightly fractured but still as close to being whole as I had been for so many years.
“Tate, are you okay?” As I turned at the sound of my name, my thoughts were shattered by the soft-spoken voice of Tanzi asking the question I couldn’t even attempt to answer. With a shaky hand, she softly touched my arm, and my shoulders slumped in defeat.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” I lied, shooting a piss poor excuse of a smile at her. “It just sucks, Tanzi.” Looking at my other half with hooded eyes, I let out a God-almighty sigh. Tanzi was my absolute world, and I knew she would be feeling as shattered as I was. Being a twin means we have an unbreakable bond, a connection that no one else would have. We knew when the other was hurting. A constant smile was on our faces when we knew the other was happy, and we’d cry with each other in our darkest days. I couldn’t have survived the past four years if it weren’t for Tanzi. She was without a doubt my saving grace. We were on this crazy ride of life together, through heartbreak, love, loneliness and new beginnings.
“Twin time?” Tanzi asked softly, her blue eyes shooting hope at me.